- City of OKC emergency mgmt is assessing and will have more information following assessments; they are currently aware of two areas of damage in OKC (SW 119 from S. May to the Moore city limits; N. Council to N. Rockwell from Reno to NW 10th)
- The Moore Chamber of Commerce has been out checking on businesses
- The Moore Police Department has started a new Community Service Unit and is available to help solve community problems that may arise. Please feel free to call me anytime at 405-793-4661 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for your time.
- Oklahoma Insurance Department started distributing fraud awareness signs last night and has the anti-fraud division patrolling areas in marked SUVs that say “OK Insurance Anti-Fraud” – they are CLEET certified and can write citations or check out contractors. Contact Amanda Riddle for more information 405-420-5398
Emotional and Spiritual Care
- OKStrong has members in the Southgate Elementary area, Briarwood and Plaza Area, and at the Community Center
- OKVOAD Emotional and Spiritual Care Committee has a conference call scheduled for this afternoon at 15:30 central time
- Red Cross has vehicles out currently with meals and water
- A Local Walmart is providing lunch for volunteers and teachers at Southgate Elementary
- The Moore Food Resource Center is open today for normal hours and is accepting affected families as well.
- Serve Moore is working with Moore schools, City of OKC and City of Moore emergency mgmt to get volunteers out to the affected areas (see attached map). Volunteers are working on damaged public property today and will send additional assistance to residential areas over the next couple days. They will contact registered residents ahead of time to confirm. If you have any questions you can call us at 405-735-3060 or contact us on our Facebook page.Affected families are welcome to contact Serve Moore or visit the Community Renewal Center (224 S Chestnut). Visit servemoore.com or call 405-735-3060 for more information.
- Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma Disaster Relief is currently working out of the OKC office has chaplains, chain saw, skid steer, tarping, and recovery crews ready for anyone that needs help; assessors out surveying the damage and signing home owners up; they have 3 phone numbers to for assistance (OKC and Tulsa) 405-443-7583; 405-388-6912; 405-415-5261
- OKUMC: Moore First Methodist VRC up, accepting Methodist volunteer teams call 405-388-5589. Home owners of all backgrounds can call for assistance 405-568-9935 or 405-445-2577. Accepting donations of OSB and tarps and have available furring strips, tarps, OSB, and volunteers; home owners can pick up flood buckets.
- The Cleveland County Health Department has tetanus shots available that include pertussis (whooping cough) – it’s a two-for-one deal at no charge at all locations, including the Moore office on the NE corner of 4th & Eastern, in the shopping center – open 8am-5pm M-F (arrive by 4pm if possible); (405) 794-1591 if you have questions; For a full list of services please see http://cleveland.health.ok.gov
LARC will continue to send information as it is available – let us know what is most helpful to receive or send from your group’s perspective. And, update LARC if your organization is active, if your organization is available to coordinate with existing efforts, or if you need information or other resources. The most helpful updates will arrive before 4:00 pm, include point of contact, the information that you would like released and to whom, and will arrive before